to Work for You!
Save Face on your Products Case
We depend on products in our everyday life, but those same products can be our worst enemy by causing injury.
Here are just some examples of some of the products involved in these injury cases:
- Tools and Power Equipment - lawnmowers, weedeaters, drills, saws, ladders, accessories.
- Food - pre-packaged food, restaurant and take-out food, vending machine food.
- Appliances - water heaters, space heaters, kerosene heaters, stoves and ranges.
- Personal items - hand and foot warmers, personal hygiene, hair dye and hair products.
- Vehicles - airbags, defective tires, rollover vehicles, defective seat belts, car seats.
- Medical/Health - prescription drugs, defective medical implants such as hernia mesh.
- Technology - defective batteries, data breaches.
- Toys/Hobbies - recreational vehicles, riding toys, swallow risk toys, poisonous paint.
- Cleaning Products
- Industrial Equipment and Machinery
- Insecticides and Weed Killers
And the List Goes On and On . . .
What I have set out here is not legal advice, it is just some information for you to consider.Consider Preserving and Protecting the Evidence!
Consider treating the site of injury like a crime scene as much as possible which means photos, videos, diagrams, measurements. You may not want to delay because time is not on your side. If the product is partially or wholly consumable or wasting, like food, you may want to preserve what there is left of it - and freeze it if necessary. Without the product, you may not have a product case. If someone else has control of the item that caused the injury (e.g. industrial equipment at work), it is important to consider having an inspection done as soon as possible. A Products Liability Lawyer serving Charleston can get this done for you. Consider seeking the advice and assistance of one right away.
If you bought the product at a store, you may need to know which store it was and have your receipt. You may not want to return the item to the store at this point.
You may need initial or continued medical treatment. It’s hard to do what is needed to preserve and protect when you are in pain.Special Considerations on a Food Case:
If you got sick because of food contamination, there are some special considerations to keep in mind. First, you may need to preserve whatever is left of the food - usually by freezing it. You may need to have the food tested. You may need to be tested yourself to establish evidence of what bacteria you have been contaminated with. There are different incubation periods depending on the type of bacteria involved.
If you have suffered injury because of a defective product, it is important to seek out the advice of a Charleston Products Liability Lawyer as soon as possible in order to optimize your chances of success in this area of law. The above represents just some of the information to be aware of and some of the considerations to keep in mind.
One call is all it takes to get your Products Liability case on the right track today.